Rock of Faith CDC envisions a healthy, thriving South of Main Street community filled with successful, upwardly mobile individuals and families who have chosen to make this central city neighborhood their home.
To that end, Rock of Faith CDC:
- Strengthens the neighborhood
- Creates opportunities for profitable commerce
- Enhances the variety and quality of housing stock
- Facilitates full employment for residents in high-quality jobs
- Supports the fullest development of human potential including the support of local schools
- Identifies and develops catalytic sites to spur additional private investment
- To improve the quality of life within the South of Main Street Business District and residential community through constructive partnerships which promote revitalization
- To improve the quality of life in the Near Eastside Area surrounding the South of Main Street Business District and residential community through a collaborative, win-win process.
- To focus on economic development, housing, human services and safety concerns within the South of Main Street community.
- Economic Development
- Retain existing business and attract new businesses and jobs
- Create a stable, secure housing/business environment, enhancing the image of the community
- Rehabilitate and upgrade housing
- Encourage and promote home ownership
- Provide a greater choice of housing
- Promote historical preservation
- Enhance and create educational and job training opportunities for the most needy
- Promote comprehensive health services which fall outside the current health care system
- Promote resident self-empowerment/fulfilment to help them achieve their potential
- Promote and create a safe and clean living environment.
- Involve residents in violence reduction and crime prevention efforts.