Rock of Faith Community Development Corporation (ROFCDC) envisions a healthy, thriving South of Main Street community filled with successful, upwardly mobile individuals and families who have chosen to make this central city neighborhood their home.
To that end, ROFCDC:
- Strengthens the neighborhood
- Creates opportunities for profitable commerce
- Enhances the variety and quality of housing stock
- Facilitates full employment for residents in high-quality jobs
- Supports the fullest development of human potential including the support of local schools
- Identifies and develops catalytic sites to spur additional private investment
- To improve the quality of life within the South of Main Street Business District and residential community through constructive partnerships which promote revitalization
- To improve the quality of life in the Near Eastside Area surrounding the South of Main Street Business District and residential community through a collaborative, win-win process.
- To focus on economic development, housing, human services and safety concerns within the South of Main Street community.
- Economic Development
- Retain existing businesses and attract new businesses and jobs
- Create a stable, secure housing/business environment, enhancing the image of the community
- Revitalize and improve affordable and supportive housing
- Encourage and promote home ownership
- Provide a greater choice of housing
- Promote historical preservation
- Enhance and create educational and job training opportunities for the most needy
- Promote comprehensive health services which fall outside the current healthcare system
- Promote resident self-empowerment/fulfillment to help them achieve their potential
- Promote and create a safe, clean living environment.
- Involve residents in violence reduction and crime prevention efforts.